"When bright flowers bloom Parchment crumbles, my words fade The pen has dropped ..."

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dhaniya aloo

I love aloo or potato like no other vegetable. Potato in any form except for the potato wafers which does not allure me that much. As a small kid while reading stories of other countries I often envied the people and places where potato is a staple food. I think I can survive just on potatoes. During my bachelorhood days away from home at Chandigarh, when my roommate left for Delhi on weekends and I had to stay back for some reason, I always made sure I indulged in various potato recipes(my roommate refrained from potatoes). So you can understand how much I am in love with this veggie.
I had seen this recipe in on of the NDTV food shows. With some slightest concoction , I tried it.
I used:
half a kg baby potatoes,
2-3 cloves of garlic, a small piece of ginger
few green chillies, a bunch of coriander
finely chopped onions
chopped tomato

Boil the baby potatoes. Shallow fry them and drain excess oil in a kitchen towel. Now blend the coriander chilies, garlic , ginger and a little salt in a blender. The mix is more like a chutney. In a kadhai, heat oil. Fry the onions till golden, add the tomatoes, salt to taste and turmeric if you want. Fry till oil separates. Now add the coriander chutney. Fry for few more minutes then add the potatoes. Toss for 2-3 minutes in high flame. Now simmer for a few more minutes. You may sprinkle a little water while simmering. Serve hot with roti or paratha.  

No comments:

© BlossomsOfLife, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena