"When bright flowers bloom Parchment crumbles, my words fade The pen has dropped ..."

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dahi Kabab (Yogurt Kabab)

I love yogurt and any recipes with yogurt. I got this recipe from NDTV. Carried out the recipe almost word to word. So I would rather Ctrl C , Ctrl V , with my tini-mini changes here and there.
Ingredients:

400 gms yoghurt
100 gms paneer
2 teaspoons chopped onion
1 tsp chopped ginger
Half a handful of chopped fresh coriander
10 finely chopped almonds
7 to 8 chopped raisins
1/2 tsp white pepper powder(didnt use)
1/2 a tsp green cardamom powder
salt to taste
oil to grill
Cornflour to dust
A cup of ready to eat oats(didnt use)

Method:

Hang yoghurt overnight in a muslin cloth.I hung it for 4-5 hrs.
Saute the onion and ginger in minimum oil till the onions turn translucent. Keep aside to cool.
Take the yoghurt in a bowl. Add crumbled cottage cheese, chopped raisins, coriander, almonds, and the onion mixture. Add the white pepper powder, cardamom powder and salt. Instead of white pepper I added chopped green chilies and a little roasted cumin fennnel and pepper powder(my bhaja masala)
Now make round patties with this gooey mix and pat a bit of cornflour on the outside, after giving them a shape.
Crush the oats to resemble breadcrumbs and dredge the patties in this oat powder. I didnt have oats , so used breadcrumbs.
Grease a pan with olive oil, and grill these on a medium hot skillet, till they turn brown.
Serve hot with chutney.


No comments:

© BlossomsOfLife, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena