"When bright flowers bloom Parchment crumbles, my words fade The pen has dropped ..."

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Instant suji dhokla in microwave

The story is:  Mr. Husband is not very fond of besan and its recipes. And I am completely in love with besan recipes. Savories like dhokla , cheela and farsan are my favorite snacks. This leads to big dilemma when I crave for these stuff. So the solution being substitute besan with something which will result the same taste. Hence the aforesaid  recipe. Quick and tasty, this makes a wonderful tea time snack or even a nice healthy breakfast.



Ingredients:
A cup of suji
A cup of curd
a teaspoon of eno
salt as per taste
sugar half a teaspoon
grated ginger
chopped chilies, chopped coriander
a pinch of turmeric
For tempering:
2 tsp oil
a pinch of hing
a curry leaves(i didnt have)
half a tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp lemon juice


Mix the salt, sugar, curd, grated ginger, chopped chilies to the suji. Mix well, so that no lumps remain. Add a pinch of turmeric, a little chilly powder(if you love spicy). You can add a tsp of refined oil. Mix well. Keep covered for half n hour. After half n hour, grease a microwaveable container deep enough to let the mixture bloom atleast 3 times. Add eno to the suji mixture. Mix well and immediately transfer the mixture to the greased container. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Check by inserting a knife. It should come off clean. Cool for 5 more minutes. Cut into squares or diamond shape. Heat 2 tsp of oil in kadhai. Once oil is hot, throw in a pinch of heeng, a tsp of mustard seeds,  curry leaves, 2-3 slit chilies. When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add the dhoklas. Sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice. Toss for a minute. Garnish with coriander and serve.






9 comments:

Unknown said...

My MIL make amazing dhoklas but with this recipe.. its time I tried some on my own!! Looks very yum sushmita!

Sushmita said...

Thanx Gauri

Unknown said...

First time here, you have lovely blog. Dhokla is my all time fav. suji dhokla looks so soft and yummy.

Cuisine Delights
My Monthly Event - Spotlight:Curries/Gravies".

Sushmita said...

Thanx Chandrani.. I am a regular visitor of your blog, it tops my bookmarks list.. love all your recipes.. Thanx again for visiting..

sojo said...

a bunch of awards waiting for u at my space... pls collect it

liju philip said...

wow...dhoklas..i love them. never made it, but always bought it from the sweet shop and ate.

thanks for sharing the recipe. will try it out one of these days.

team ecoSycle said...

lovely dhokhlas. gotta give it a try too..

divya said...

Oh my..it looks absolutely yummy.

Anonymous said...

oh my!! this sounds easy to make too.. :) yumm!!

© BlossomsOfLife, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena