"When bright flowers bloom Parchment crumbles, my words fade The pen has dropped ..."

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bread Uttpam



I am a great fan of South Indian dishes. During my childhood we(Ma Baba n myself) religiously went to this "Coffee House" a stone's throw distant from my house and devoured the humongous dosa. The dosas were as crispy as paper and the aloo masala inside was divinely tasty and full of kaju kishmish. I have never ever tasted any dosa to compete with the "Coffee House" one's. Dosas , uttapams, idlies , vadas .. are all my favorite.
So instant south indian recipes are always a treat.I had once tasted this bread uttapam somewhere. Today for the Sunday breakfast I thought of trying it out.
What you need:
Few slices of bread, 1/2 cup sooji , 1 cup curd, a pinch of hing, a pinch of baking soda, salt to taste, 
chopped onions, ginger, chillies, coriander.
Mix the sooji, curd, hing , baking soda and salt in a bowl. Keep for an hour. 
After an hour, add the chopped onions, ginger, chillies, coriander to the mixture. Spread the mixture on one side of the bread slices. Heat a non-stick tava , add little butter or oil. Fry the bread slices with the mixture side down. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Flip and fry the other side. Serve hot with sauce.

3 comments:

anindita said...

wow.....this is something new..have to try it to woo my South Indian hubby..

Vinay said...

Do you know, how hard it is for me to read these, especially when I know what's there in the mess for breakfast/lunch? Why, o why, do you choose to inflict such torture on me? After reading these delicious recipes, I can't go back to my mess food at all

shruti said...

supperr yumm!!!!!
remeber you had made this for us also one....
will try this one soon :)

© BlossomsOfLife, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena