"When bright flowers bloom Parchment crumbles, my words fade The pen has dropped ..."

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Kala Chana Chat.. a Healthy snack

After the hush and rush of the whole week, Sundays are usually for pure gastronomical indulgences from breakfast to dinner. But once in a while, its good to go healthy and simple. This Sunday I opted for a simplest and a nutrient packed breakfast..... A tasty Kala Chana chaat.
 Kala Chana..this small black Mr Lentil is rich in minerals, fiber , proteins. But my better half does not like the chana curry, so I keep it more simple.. 
 
I soaked a cup of Kala chana overnight.In the morning, boiled the chana in the pressure cooker with a little of salt and water. Once the chana boiled, in a skillet ,I heated  little oil. Added a pinch of hing, a dry chili, little cumin seeds. Then drained the water off the chana and added the chana to the skillet. Seasoned with salt , I tossed the chana for a while. Meantime, chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, green chillies, coriander. In a bowl , served the chana with the chopped veggies, sprinkled a little of chat powder, a dash of lime juice, and some sev to top it.
And a healthy chat was ready. Goes great with a steamy cuppa. 

No comments:

© BlossomsOfLife, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena