"When bright flowers bloom Parchment crumbles, my words fade The pen has dropped ..."

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Instant microwave dhokla

Am I turning this blog of mine into a food blog? Well I don't intend to that, but I could not resist myself from posting this super duper easy recipe which I tried for the first time. And boom!! it turned out so well. Cutting short my blabbers , here's the quick recipe
Ingredients
1 cup Besan,
1/2 cup curd,
a teaspoon salt, half a teaspoon sugar,
a teaspoon of ginger -green chilly paste
a sachet eno, 1/2 cup of water
a pinch of turmeric, one and a half teaspoon oil
For tempering:
1 teaspoon of rai(mustard seeds)
a pinch of hing,
3-4 green chilies slit into long pieces
a teaspoon of lime juice, a little oil
Chopped coriander for garnishing(i didn't have it)

Method
In the besan , add the salt, sugar, haldi, oil, curd, ginger-chilly paste. Mix well so that no lumps are formed. Slowly add water. The batter should have idly-like consistency. Now grease a microwave flat bowl. Add the eno to the dhokla mixture, mix well and transfer the mixture to the bowl.
Microwave for 6 minutes, do not cover it.
Keep aside, let cool for few moments then transfer to a dish. Cut into desired pieces.
Now for the tempering, heat a teaspoon oil in a kadhai , splutter a teaspoon mustard seeds(rai), add a pinch of hing, add chopped curry leaves(I didn't have this either) and slit green chilies. Now you can pour this on the dhokla, but I transferred the dhokla to this kadhai, poured a teaspoon of lime juice a pinch of sugar and salt and tossed the dhoklas for a minute. This gives a nice crispy texture to the dhoklas.
While i njoy the instant dhokla, hope next I return to my blog with an article or a story..


No comments:

© BlossomsOfLife, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena